Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Casting News for ENDERS GAME



So, I had a busy week during Thanksgiving Break. During that busy week, I took time to go and see the fantastic film Hugo, where I had the chance to judge young actor Asa Butterfield. In the back of mind, I wanted to pay attention and see if he could be Andrew (Ender) Wiggin. My final thoughts? This is our Ender. And according to my sources, he agreed to it as well. And with that in the bad, the studio is now setting their sights on casting Colonel Hyrum Graff. For those unfamiliar with Graff, he is pretty much a surrogate father for all of the children at the Battle School, but takes notice of Ender in particular.

One of the possible candidates for the role? Variety reports that one of the possibilities include sci-fi favorite Harrison Ford. Talks were originally going on with Viggo Mortensen, but they didn't work out, which actually really sucks since Viggo is just bad-ass in so many ways. Harrison Ford ain't too shabby though, and with his addition in the film, IF it happens, this will definitely catch the eye of many people who are uncertain of the movie being made. I still have my doubts due to Gavin Hood directing. We all saw how X-Men Origins: Wolverine worked out. Don't want another thing like that happening again. Anywho, when more news comes around, I'll let you all know as soon as possible.

Ender's Game will be in theaters March 15, 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment