Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Kristen Stewart Offered Female Lead in AKIRA


And my interest in the American remake of Akira has gone down substantially. I'm kidding, but still. Kristen Stewart has been offered the lead female role in the remake of Akira. If you haven't seen all my other posts about what this is about, the story takes place in the future city of New Manhattan and follows Kaneda (played by Garrett Hedlund), the leader of a biker gang tasked with saving his friend Tesuo, who has potentially destructive psychokinetic abilities, from a government medical experiences. According to Twitch, Stewart is up for the part of Kei, "a young medium who becomes the love interest for Kaneda."  Other offers that are still on the table include Gary Oldman for Colonel and Helena Bonham Carter for Lady Miyako. 

I really don't know what to think of Kristen Stewart. I mean, yeah, there's that whole thing with her being in that awful franchise that, at the moment, I don't recall it's name (or just like to forget it's name), but I've seen her in other movies and she wasn't...well...awful. I think with the right direction and the proper script, she could excel. And from what I've seen with Steve Kloves, well, he's a damn good writer, so this is something that might possibly work. But we'll see if she even accepts the role first.

No comments:

Post a Comment