Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Matt Damon To Direct ERIN BROCKOVICH-Type Project Based Off Idea From John Krasinski and Dave Eggers

Holy mother of Zeus I just got extremely excited. Matt Damon is one of my favorite actors and have been waiting to see what he's been interested in directing for some time. But this is beyond anything...ANYTHING...I could have imagined. The idea is one that actor John Krasinski came up with and worked out with author Dave Eggers (Away We Go, A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius). Krasinski and Eggers worked together on Away We Go, which was a fantastically written film. There's more details on this project after the jump.



The only role known for the film so far is Matt Damon's, which according to Variety, he would play a salesman who arrives in a small town only to have his whole life called into question. It's an interesting concept, and after reading a few novels written by Eggers, I can only imagine what it'll be like with his spin on it. As far as producing the film goes, Matt Damon brought in his buddy Ben Affleck (sure you all heard of him), and also got Chris Moore (The Adjustment Bureau) to help out. The film should have a budget of around $12 million, and the script should be finished by the end of the month. I don't know about all of you, but I'm excited. I love everyone involved with the movie and I will guarantee that this will be one of the best written films of 2012 when it comes out.

No comments:

Post a Comment