Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Chris Cooper and Stanley Tucci to join Robert Redford's THE COMPANY YOU KEEP

Whenever I think of Robert Redford, I tend to forget that he directs and go right to him in The Great Gatsby in that god awful dancing scene where Gatsby and Daisy dance, which isn't even in the book and confused me to no end. But he is a pretty damn good director, and he knows how to field a pretty damn good cast. For his next film The Company You Keep, he was able to get Academy Award Winner Chris Cooper (Adaptation, American Beauty) and Academy Award Nominee Stanley Tucci (The Lovely Bones, The Devil Wears Prada). The film is based on the novel of the same name by Neal Gordon, and centers on a former Weather Underground militant who goes on the run after an ambitious young journalist exposes his true identity. Redford will play the militant, while Shia LaBeouf is set as the young reporter.

They are joining a cast that already has Susan Surandon (Thelma & Louise, The Rocky Horror Picture Show), Nick Nolte (The Thin Red Line, Tropic Thunder), Julie Christie (Darling, Finding Neverland), and Richard Jenkins (The Visitor, Let Me In). Filming will begin soon in Vancouver. I love the choices of Cooper and Tucci, and anything that has Richard Jenkins in it excites me, but I've personally never been a fan of Surandon. She's a great actress, just something about her rubs me the wrong way. And Shia LeBeouf is someone who I keep hoping breaks out to be a serious actor, but I just haven't seen anything to convince me yet. Maybe this will be his big break, maybe not. But I have faith in the cast and the director.

No comments:

Post a Comment