Friday, September 23, 2011

Trailer for MAN ON A LEDGE; Details on the MASS EFFECT movie.

The first trailer for the thriller Man On A Ledge, starring Sam Worthington, Elizabeth Banks, and Ed Harris, has been released by Summit. Worthington plays a cop who is put into prison for a crime that he did not do and manages to break out and, well, as the title of the movie suggests, he reaches a point where he is on a ledge and prepared to jump to prove his innocence. I really didn't care much for the film when I heard about it, but after watching the trailer, I will admit, I was wrong. I think this could definitely be a nice little thriller to keep an eye on, and definitely something that could be entertaining. The film is slated to be released January 13, 2011. The trailer will be posted after the break, as well as news on the Mass Effect film.









In other news, if you're a video gamer, you've probably heard of or played Mass Effect. I was never a big gamer, but after Mass Effect, my life has never been the same. There's so many different worlds, different characters, different choices you could make, the game has a life of it's own, and I've never experienced anything like it before. It's quite possibly the best game I've ever played. Hell, I would be up until 5 A.M. playing the goddamn game, and when I'd sleep, I would dream about the game (then again, I had dreams about Tetris...so...that's not saying much.) So when I found out that there was a Mass Effect movie being created, I got excited. And I still am excited. It's gunna be interesting to see how they create this world from the video game into the world of film, considering the video game takes up to, at least, 30 hours to finish. 

Now, for the news on the film, here are the little tidbits that I've picked up from the Q&A located on the Legendary Productions blog

Q:  Will it just be an adaptation of the first game, second game, or a completely new story?
A:  It will be a completely new story

Q:  Will it be a trilogy?
A:  We are really focused on making this a great movie, so we'll see where it takes us.  We have to get the first one right to know whether there will be more.

Q:  If the movie is focused on Shepard, will it be the male Shepard or the female Shepard?
A:  Male.
While there are many more questions to be answered, well, I don't have the answers. All I also know is this, Seth Green will not be portraying his character, Joker, in the film. Which does bum me out, a lot. Joker is an important character, and Green does a fantastic vocal job. As far as the story goes, I can understand why they are aiming to change it a bit, but as long as they keep the same ideas and concepts, I'll be okay with whatever they throw at me. They better not screw this up though, since I'll only be one angry fan out of thousands.

No comments:

Post a Comment