Thursday, September 29, 2011

John Goodman's FLIGHT has come in; Trailer for EXTREMELY LOUD AND INCREDIBLY CLOSE

I've been keeping up with the casting news involving Robert Zemeckis' Flight. Well, you'll be happy to know that one more big name has been attached to it. The one and only John Goodman. You all know him in some way, whether it be from his voice in Monsters Inc. as Sully, or maybe from The Big Lebowski as Walter (by the way, Happy Rosh Hashanah for you Walter). In a report from Deadline, Goodman's character is "a friend of the pilot (Denzel Washington) who helps him come to terms with his problems." Other stars in the film include Don Cheadle, Bruce Greenwood, and Kelly Reilly.

And if you just need more John Goodman, stay tuned for the trailer for Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close after the break.




I remember I was in Barnes & Noble, and there was a book that caught my eye. It had a hand print on it, the title read Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close, written by Jonathan Safron Foer. Something about the cover hooked me in, and within a span of a week, I read the book. I've never been so touched, so saddened, and so happy while reading a book before. When I found out this was being adapted into film form, I got excited, but worried. I was afraid they would ruin the book, that they wouldn't cover all of the elements of the book. After watching the first trailer, I have to admit, I'm nowhere near as worried as I once was.


From the trailer, it seems like it covers every element of the story in the present day. But if you ever read this story, you know that there are so many more complex elements. One moment you're in New York, the next, you're looking through the eyes of someone completely different. But from the trailer, I know the films gunna be just fine. The film is directed by Stephen Daldry (The Hours, Billy Elliot), written by Eric Roth (Forrest Gump, The Curious Case of Benjamin Button), and stars Tom Hanks, Sandra Bullock, Thomas Horn, John Goodman, James Gandolfini, Max von Sydow, Viola Davis, and Jeffrey Wright. 

Synopsis of the film:
Oskar (Thomas Horn) is convinced that his father (Tom Hanks), who died in the 9/11 attacks on the World Trade Center, has left a final message for him hidden somewhere in the city. Feeling disconnected from his grieving mother (Sandra Bullock) and driven by a relentlessly active mind that refuses to believe in things that can’t be observed, Oskar begins searching New York City for the lock that fits a mysterious key he found in his father’s closet. His journey through the five boroughs takes him beyond his own loss to a greater understanding of the observable world around him.

No comments:

Post a Comment